Looking to up your cocktail game this year? Look to Jeremy LeBlanc and Christine Dionese's recently published The Best Craft Cocktails & Bartending with Flair. Written for both experts and beginners, the recipes include classics with a twist, exotic cocktails, and party drinks with an emphasis on fresh ingredients and small-batch spirits.
• Who wrote it: Jeremy LeBlanc and Christine Dionese
• Who published it: Page Street Publishing
• Number of recipes: 125
• Recipes for right now: Tanjeen Negroni, The Woodsman, L'Orange Rouge Boozy, Rosemary & Rye, Blood Orange French 75, Fernet Me Not, Thistle & Root, Sage & Spice
• Other highlights: Jeremy LeBlanc is head mixologist of Altitude Sky Lounge in San Diego and his book is packed with fresh recipes for every mood and occasion including apéritifs, classics with a twist, exotic cocktails, refreshers, and parties and punches. The instructions are clear, making interesting, hand-crafted cocktails accessible to home enthusiasts as well as professional bartenders. There's also a chapter on tricks of the trade with everything from recommended bar tools and muddling tips to how to create a whiskey wash with bacon.
Nearly every recipe in the book includes suggested brands of spirits, bitters, and other mixers, including big brands and small-batch producers. So while you're not bound to those products to make the cocktails, it provides a fun incentive to build your home bar and expand your taste horizons.
• Who would enjoy this book? professional bartenders and home cocktail enthusiasts alike
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: The Best Craft Cocktails & Bartending with Flair by Jeremy LeBlanc and Christine Dionese
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Image credits: Emily Ho)