Melissa Clark's kitchen, quick kale salad, how to soften brown sugar and more. Just in case you missed them the first time around, here's a look back at the posts from this week a year ago.
• Recipes and recipe reviews: Buttermilk rosemary ice cream, 30-minute chicken posole, kale salad with pecorino and lemon, squash and onions with brown sugar, a full roundup of ice cream recipes, and marsala peaches with ice cream.
• Tips and techniques: Shopping for bargains at Whole Foods, how to make cucumber juice, how to soften brown sugar quickly, how to choose ripe fruit at the farmer's market, and how to clean the sand out of clams.
• Learn to love eggplant -- it's worth it.
• The best to-go picnics.
• How to write a recipe like a professional.
• Good idea: homemade fruit leather!
• What is buttermilk?
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Kitchen Tours from Joanne Weir and Melissa Clark, a Recipe for Frozen Yogurt, and How To Clean a Grill Pan