A slow cooker is a wonderful thing. Get it cooking early in the morning or just before bed and you're in for a meal that feels like a lot of work, but really wasn't. Put it to use for a party and you've got hot toddies for a crowd that will be just the right temperature all night long.
There's only one problem: A slow cooker isn't always known for being the best dressed. But wait! You have options. Your slow cooker doesn't have to be a bulky hunk of machinery that's all function and no form. Take a look at these beauties and see if we've convinced you.
P.S.: There's no shame in wanting your slow cooker to look cute. After all, you might not think to put it to work all that much if it's so ugly that you have to keep it hidden away most of the week. And if it's gonna sit out on your counter (or on a buffet table) while it bubbles away for hours at a time, it may as well be something you enjoy looking at.
- All-Clad Gourmet Slow Cooker with All-in-One Browning, $300 at Williams-Sonoma: Yes, $300 is a lot for a slow cooker, but it's quite possibly the prettiest slow cooker we've ever seen. It's got a polished stainless steel body and an aluminum insert, which looks very rose gold-ish and happens to be safe for use on gas and electric stovetops. Plus, it holds up to seven quarts, so it can feed — and dazzle — a crowd.
- Hamilton Beach Wrap & Serve Slow Cooker, $34: The design of this 6-quart slow cooker is entirely up to you. The removable wrapping is chalkboard material, so you can draw or write whatever you want on it and then slide it into place. Kinda perfect for a potluck if you need to label your dish or warn about the presence of, say, nuts.
- Black + Decker Dial Control Slow Cooker, $20: Yes to anything with polka dots on it — especially black and white ones! Its size (it holds just four quarts) makes it extra adorable and a good option for small families or tiny apartments.
- Bella Diamonds Collection Manual Slow Cooker, $60 at Kohl's: With a unique quilted design, this sleek black six-quart slow cooker automatically evokes some cozy feels.
- Black + Decker Dial Control Slow Cooker, $31: Yes, Black + Decker again, but Black + Decker is killing it in the cute slow cooker department. Just look at this seven-quart option with a cream and silver geometric design!
Which one is your favorite?