• Zeroll Original 2-Ounce Aluminum Ice Cream Scoop, $15.99 from Amazon: We first recommended the Zeroll ice cream scoop here and we still think it's the best. Classic and sturdy, it has heat-conducting fluid in its handle to help melt ice cream as you scoop. Note: this feature also means it's NOT dishwasher-safe.
• Rösle Ice Cream Scoop, $23 from Sur La Table: designed in Germany and made out of 18/10 stainless steel, the Rösle scoop has a tubular handle and a very thin lip for neat, perfectly rounded scoops.
• Zyliss 71372 Metal Ice-Cream Scoop, $8.55 from Amazon: this heavy scoop features a non-slip, ergonomic handle to give you great leverage. For right- or left-handed use.
• Fantes Stainless Portion Scoop #16, $14.99 from Fantes: a Cook's Illustrated recommendation, the Fantes scoop #16 (which means you get 16 scoops per quart) works particularly well for softer ice cream.
• Cuisinart Ice Cream Scoop with ABS Handle, $14.99 from Amazon: a strong, sturdy scoop! Pretty basic, but durable.
Do you have a favorite ice cream scoop? Tell us!
(Image: Olga Miltsova/Shutterstock)