How serious are you about ice cream? If you want pretty, perfectly rounded scoops, you're going to need the right tool. Here are five ice cream scoops up to the task.
• Zeroll Original 2-Ounce Aluminum Ice Cream Scoop, $15.99 from Amazon: We first recommended the Zeroll ice cream scoop here and we still think it's the best. Classic and sturdy, it has heat-conducting fluid in its handle to help melt ice cream as you scoop. Note: this feature also means it's NOT dishwasher-safe.
• Rösle Ice Cream Scoop, $23 from Sur La Table: designed in Germany and made out of 18/10 stainless steel, the Rösle scoop has a tubular handle and a very thin lip for neat, perfectly rounded scoops.
• Zyliss 71372 Metal Ice-Cream Scoop, $8.55 from Amazon: this heavy scoop features a non-slip, ergonomic handle to give you great leverage. For right- or left-handed use.
• Fantes Stainless Portion Scoop #16, $14.99 from Fantes: a Cook's Illustrated recommendation, the Fantes scoop #16 (which means you get 16 scoops per quart) works particularly well for softer ice cream.
• Cuisinart Ice Cream Scoop with ABS Handle, $14.99 from Amazon: a strong, sturdy scoop! Pretty basic, but durable.
Do you have a favorite ice cream scoop? Tell us!
(Image: Olga Miltsova/Shutterstock)