Thanksgiving dinner is nice, but the leftovers are arguably the very best part of this food-filled holiday. Perhaps you're happy to experience a second, third, or even fourth repeat of your Thanksgiving feast. But for those of you who want something different, there's a world of possibilities for the leftover turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, greens, and more.
From classic leftovers like soup, stew, and sandwiches to fresh twists on recipes you know and love, here are our 21 most popular ways to put your Thanksgiving leftovers to work.
Breakfast and Brunch Ideas
For some of us, the marathon of post-Thanksgiving meals usually begins with a slice of pie for breakfast. Consider that pie the gateway to a world of morning meals made possible by Thanksgiving leftovers.
- Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage & Eggs
- Thanksgiving Stuffing Breakfast Strata
- Cranberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Soups and Sandwiches
Soups and sandwiches are where Thanksgiving leftovers shine brightest. From a classic chili to a few new takes on a turkey club, this how to turn leftovers into fast and hearty meals.
- White Turkey Chili
- Turkey Tortilla Soup
- Bacon, Kale & Turkey Stew
- Turkey Lentil Soup
- Vegan Sweet Potato Chowder
- Turkey and Dumplings
- Turkey and Brussels Sprouts Club Sandwich
- Open-Faced Turkey "Hot Brown" Sandwiches
- Roasted Tomato and Turkey Club Sandwich
- Apple, Cheddar & Turkey Melts
Make It in a Casserole Dish
Want to know the easiest way to turn Thanksgiving leftovers into a next-day meal? Add a casserole dish. Whether it's a showstopping lasagna that uses everything in the fridge or enchiladas you make for dinner, grab your trusty 9x13 for Friday's dinner.
- Thanksgiving Shepherd's Pie
- Turkey Enchiladas
- Post-Thanksgiving Stuffed Shells
- Swiss Chard and Sausage Bread Pudding
- How To Make Leftover Thanksgiving Lasagna
The New Classics
Every year someone invents a new way to enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers. These three recipes are the ones we're going to be making for years to come.