This is a really splendid list — with a huge range from the high to low. There are unusual ingredients, homey recipes, and small kitchen pleasures. There are out-of-the-way restaurants, and well-deserved nods to some popular websites. Reading through the whole list is a great way to spend an hour; you'll learn something new and be inspired too.
Here are a few bits we found especially delightful.
• #1 Pan Con Tomate (pictured above) - While we've never had this prepared in just this way, the description here is so luscious it makes us wish tomatoes were in season right now.
• # Clarified Butter (pictured above) - Such a small thing, and yet it can make such a difference.
• #47 Pages 1072 and 1073 of Joy of Cooking - We won't give away what's on these pages, but it gets two thumbs up from us.
• #61 Oven Thermometer - Yes! The photo with this one is priceless.
• #77 Trader Joe’s Lime & Chili Cashews - We were just tickled that Trader Joe's made the list.
And like we said, take an hour and read through the whole list!
• See the entire list: The 2010 Saveur 100 List
Previous Saveur 100 Lists
• Blogging Saveur Magazine: The Saveur 100 Home Edition
• The Saveur 100
(Images: Andre Baranowski; Saveur; James Oseland; Sweetwater’s Donut Mill Doughnuts, Andre Baranowski)