While Facebook might think the best thing you could ever do with a whole watermelon is see how long it takes to explode, Pinterest has less dangerous and more edible ideas in mind. So, when the urge to eat your favorite summer fruit strikes, trust Pinterest and try a few of these easy recipes and funny tutorials.
1. Fresh Watermelon Cake from Sprinkle Bakes
This is the sneakiest summer cake that ever existed. It might look like "real" cake on the outside, but inside it's pure watermelon. Your friends can't be mad at you for making this because watermelon is so delicious.
2. Watermelon Mojito from White on Rice Couple
The most impressive summer beverage might involve one large watermelon and your hand blender. This boozy number includes rum, lime juice, and mint.
3. Watermelon Feta and Balsamic "Pizzas" from Skinny Taste
When it's too hot to eat real pizza (gasp!), watermelon saves the day. Cut thick slices of watermelon into rounds and cover it with balsamic, feta, and mint.
4. Cucumber Basil and Watermelon Salad from Foodie Crush
The prettiest summer salad always involves watermelon circles. They're easy to make – you just need an ice cream scoop.
5. Watermelon Popsicles from Cooking Classy
The red part of this Popsicle is fresh watermelon blended with lemon and sugar and chocolate chips. Can you guess what the green and white parts are?
6. Watermelon Limeade from Maebells
There are tons of watermelon cocktails out there that require too many ingredients. This one only requires two (watermelon and limeade), or three if you want to make it boozy.
7. Watermelon Tequila Pops from The Little Epicurean
Homemade popsicles made with watermelon and tequila almost sound too good to be true. I dare you to serve them with a little rock salt and lime.
8. Coconut Lime Watermelon Slushie from Minimalist Baker
Turn a half of a small watermelon into a smoothie bowl! This one is filled with watermelon, coconut milk, lime, and honey. Super simple and refreshing — just the way watermelon is supposed to be enjoyed.
9. Creamy Watermelon Coconut Milkshake from Cook Nourish Bliss
If a smoothie just won't cut it for you this summer, Pinterest has another idea for you. Turn your watermelon into a full-blown milkshake with coconut milk, coconut flakes, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
10. Easy Frozen Watermelon Popsicles from Cook the Story
All you need to make these easy Popsicles are slices of watermelon and Popsicle sticks. Yes, it's really that easy.
11. One-Ingredient Watermelon Sorbet from Pure Wow
The one ingredient you need for this sorbet — yes, you guessed it — is watermelon. This is actually kind of similar to banana ice cream, where you freeze the fruit and then purée.
12. Watermelon Fruit Leather from Domestically Blissful
You only need two ingredients to make this delicious-looking fruit leather. This would be an excellent midday snack, if I do say so myself.
13. Watermelon Jell-O Shots from BuzzFeed
You can't have a Pinterest roundup not include Jell-O shots. This great tutorial from Buzzfeed breaks the whole process down if you're nervous about trying it at home.
14. Watermelon Ice from Taste and Tell
Why would you ever use regular ice cubes when watermelon ice cubes exist?
15. Watermelon "Grill" with Fruit Kebabs from She Knows
Pinterest is full of ways to carve out a watermelon to make it look like something else. My favorite example of this is the watermelon grill. There's something about those fruit kebabs that make me ridiculously happy.