A well-made loaf of challah bread is already on its way to being doughy perfection, but this supple dough is often braided to look like artwork. Whether you're making a ring for Rosh Hashanah or a loaf for French toast, here are 10 lookers from Pinterest we can't take our eyes off of.
Make Your Own
After taking a look at the gorgeous challah breads on this list, we hope you'll be inspired to make your own.
The method: How To Make Challah Bread
1. Chocolate Orange Challah from Delish
Layers upon layers of bittersweet chocolate give these round loaves zebra stripes.
2. Pumpkin Pie Spice Challah from Joy of Kosher
Pumpkin purée lends its signature orange hue to this seasonal braided loaf.
3. Marzipan Challah from My Name is Yeh
This marzipan snail-shaped loaf gets pearl sugar and slivered almonds on top for added sophistication.
4. Chocolate Cherry Challah from Domestic Gothess
Nubs of morello cherries and chocolate chunks pop out of every corner of this sweet bread.
5. Floral Challah from Chai and Home
Cutting scraps of dough into floral shapes and adhering them to the challah is an instant upgrade to the classic braid.
6. Savory Tomato Stuffed Challah Bread from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Stuffed is an understatement when it comes to this loaf — it's practically ripping at its seams from all that tomato and garlic.
7. Sweet and Salty Mini Chocolate Chip Challah Buns from Completely Delicious
There's no need for sharing with these individually braided challah buns. The flecks of chocolate chips make it extra sweet.
8. Pomegranate Beet Challah from What Jew Wanna Eat
Puréed beets and pomegranate juice make for an extra-colorful and vibrant round.
9. Scallion Pancake Challah from My Name is Yeh
Slivered scallions lend flecks of green freshness to this unique savory challah.
10. Challah al Miele from Pepper's Matter
Honey sweetens this traditional loaf that's braided into a pull-apart-worthy wreath.
Have you seen any really dramatic challah loaves? Do share!