Are you a trivia nerd? Foodie? Ever combined your affection with both in a food trivia contest? I recently did as part of a Slow Foods trivia bowl — a foodie's version of happy hour bar trivia — and thought I'd share the fun with a few select questions from the event. Test your food IQ after the break, hot shot.
Answers are at the bottom of the post (no peeking!).
10 Questions to Test Your Food IQ
1. What vegetable, known as the "pie plant," has poisonous leaves?
2. Name the popular North African condiment made from red chiles.
3. What is the name of the family of vegetables that broccoli, bok choy, and Brussels sprouts are all a member of?
4. Name this pastry:
5. Which country, behind France and the US, is the third largest producer of Pinot Noir?
6. Name the country known for the proverb:
“Coffee should be black as Hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.”
7. What types of beans are these?
8. What breed of cattle is the largest producer of milk?
9. What family of vegetables do onions, shallots, and green onions belong to?
10. What's the lead image a picture of?
How'd you do?
(Images: Flickr member CIAT licensed under Creative Commons; Emma Christensen; Emily Ho)