We're usually so excited to see something fresh and green this time of year that the first few batches of asparagus simply get roasted or steamed before being devoured on the spot. Once the novelty wears off, we start looking around for other things to do with our asparagus. Here are a few recipes we'll be trying!
1. Camembert Asparagus Bread Pudding from Martha Stewart - The more we think about this dish, the more we crave it.
2. Saffron Pasta Salad with Asparagus from 101 Cookbooks - We love the idea of tossing asparagus and wheat pasta with a perfume-y saffron vinaigrette.
3. Asparagus Soup from Saveur - We never would have thought to puree asparagus into a soup, but doesn't this sound light and refreshing?
4. Korean Rice Bowl with Steak, Asparagus, and Fried Egg from Epicurious - A version of bibimbap we can make at home!
5. Crispy and Delicious Asparagus and Potato Tart from Jamie Oliver - Mashed potatoes layers onto crispy phyllo pastry and topped with asparagus. Sounds good to us!
Which recipe should we try first? Or do you have another to suggest?
Want More Inspiration? 10 Fresh Asparagus Recipes for Spring from the Kitchn
(Image: Martha Stewart)