Fully-baked empanadas can also be frozen, though they lose a bit of their tender and flaky texture. I find it best to wrap them individually in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn. To re-heat, unwrap as many empanadas as you want and warm in a low oven or toaster oven, or re-heat them for a few minutes in the microwave.
• Argentinian Beef Empanadas from Turntable Kitchen
• Mushroom and Butternut Squash Empanadas from Gourmet
• Chicken Empanadas with Chorizo and Olives from Saveur
• Spinach and Cheese Empanadas from Use Real Butter
• Sweet Potato and Black Bean Empanadas from Cooking Light
What are your favorite empanadas?
(Image used with permission from Kasey Fleisher Hickey of Turntable Kitchen)