Some other ideas that need no recipe:
• Toasted (white) baguette rounds topped with chopped tomato and crumbles of blue cheese.
• Really, anything with blue cheese: a rare steak, a chicken breast stuffed with it and topped with marinara sauce...
• A drink that's similar to this crazy snow-cone one, maybe using Blue Curaçao and grenadine.
• A pizza topped with pepperoni and thin slices of blue potato.
• Blue crab salad (yes, the meat will be "blue" in name only) with roasted red peppers or cherry tomatoes .
And some recipes to experiment with:
• Horseradish Potato Salad, from Smitten Kitchen
• Grilled Eggplant Parmigiana (the eggplant actually looks blue!), from Gourmet
• Fourth of July Flag Cake: A Pretty, Round Alternative (above), from the Kitchn
• Rosewater Panna Cotta with Blueberries (add raspberries or strawberries and you're set), from the Kitchn
• Homemade Pudding Cups (vanilla pudding, berries, you get the idea...), from the Kitchn
• Summer Pudding, from the Kitchn
Any other ideas?
(Image: Holland Burns)