Here are a few of our favorites:
• Frittatas - A few eggs and a handful of cheese transforms almost any leftover into something we can't wait to eat. We especially love making frittatas with leftover pasta. If we don't have enough veggies, we'll add a few potatoes or an extra onion.
• Quesadillas - Flour tortillas last for weeks in the cupboard, so they're an easy staple to keep on hand. Quesadillas are an especially good choice if you only have a little bit of leftover vegetable or a few ounces of cooked meat that you can chop into small pieces.
• Fried Rice - You can make fried rice with just about any leftover grain you might have. This is another good dish to make if you only have a little leftover meat. A scrambled egg and a scoop of frozen peas and corn helps round everything out.
• Pasta Casserole - This is our kitchen sink recipe! It's great not only to use up leftovers but also all those little odds and ends left around - a quarter cup of walnuts, different half-used bags of pasta, a nub of cheese. You can really have a lot of fun with this one!
• Big Salads - Salads are another good place to sneak in a few leftovers. To one of our recent salads, we added some potatoes left from roasting a chicken and spoonful of navy beans that didn't make it into a casserole.
What other meals do you make using leftovers?