Aside from the dining table (if it lives in the kitchen) or a breakfast bar with high stools, the kitchen isn't usually a place where we think about sitting. It's more about standing, moving, bending, and cooking! But we noticed that quite a few kitchens in recent tours have found a spot for a stool or chair — a little corner where a friend can sit down and chat with the cook. Here's a look back at ten nice seating options we've noticed.
We like how even tiny kitchens can have a little spot to sit; take a look at these photos for some inspiration.
• 1 Evan's Old-Timey Apartment & Studio Space - A companionable chair, tucked in the corner.
• 2 Christen Carter's Bright and Serene Chicago Kitchen - A clever way to squeeze in a bar (and stools).
• 3 Swedish Kitchen Tour: Chez Larsson - Stools tucked under a functional countertop.
• 4 Kitchen Tour: Michelle Cooks with Art - A slim modern stool for a small city kitchen.
• 5 Kitchen Spotlight: Giulia's Light and Airy - A seat — and a stepstool too!
• 6 Kitchen Spotlight: Lisa's Bright, Rich Rental - Two stools make a countertop into a nice breakfast nook.
• 7 Kitchen Spotlight: Stephanie & Bob's Primary Colors - What wonderful and colorful stools!
• 8 Kitchen Spotlight: Megan and Sarah's Orange Nook - Taking seating in the kitchen to a new level — here's a reading nook!
• 9 AB Chao's Gorgeous (Yet Restrained) Kitchen Reno - One petite stool.
• 10 Chris & Hannah's Spectacular Reclaimed Loft - We love that old-fashioned looking stool.
Do you have anywhere to sit in your kitchen?
Related: Lamps and Wing Chairs: Living Room Details in the Kitchen
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)