It's hard to go wrong with ravioli, am I right? These little pasta pockets are meals in themselves, requiring only a little sauce and a plate on which to serve them. If you're in the mood to make your own, here some fun ideas to tempt your taste buds.
I love that there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to ravioli fillings. Almost any combination of cheese, vegetable, or meat will taste fantastic when sandwiched between pasta. Often, the most unexpected combinations turn out to be the best:
• Arugula and Goat Cheese Ravioli from Gourmet
• Ravioli Stuffed with Fava Beans, Ricotta, and Mint from Martha Stewart
• Pumpkin Ravioli in Sage-Brown Butter Sauce from Saveur
• Beet Ravioli with Poppy Seed Butter from Bon Appétit
• Ravioli filled with Tomato Bread Soup from Honest Food
What are your favorite ravioli fillings?
(Image: John Kernick/Gourmet)