In case you haven't noticed, it's Cookie Week here at The Kitchn! Yes, we know that many of you have been busily baking cookies for weeks now (you're so industrious!) so please share what you're doing, and inspire us all! We'll have a lot of new recipes and ideas for you this week, but first here's a dip into the archives. From cookie ornaments and easy gingerbread houses to buttery shortbread and one or two chocolatey treats, here are some favorite cookie recipes for the holidays.
• 1 Gingerbread Christmas Tree Ornaments - A guest post from Jennifer of Chocolate Shavings. We love these edible ornaments!
• 2 Peppermint Gingerbread House - From Cookie Craft Christmas. A gingerbread house that's within anyone's grasp.
• 3 Brown Sugar Cookies with a Touch of Whole Wheat - A warm, soft sugar cookie with the warmth and nice flavor of brown sugar and whole wheat flour.
• 4 Chewy Molasses Cookies with Crunchy Lemon Glaze - Super-chewy molasses cookies with a festive, sugary glaze.
• 5 Rosemary-Walnut Brown Butter Cookies - Simply the best. Browned, buttery, nutty, infused with rosemary flavor.
• 6 Molasses Spice Cookies with Orange Sugar - Beautiful little spice cookies with brilliant and delicious orange sugar.
• 7 Spiced Mexican Wedding Cookies - A classic holiday cookie, spicy and sweet with a dusting of snowy sugar.
• 8 Pumpkin Spice Cookies - Another soft and cakey cookie with lots of warm spice.
• 9 Chez Panisse Gingersnaps - This is our favorite gingersnap recipe. Paper-thin and delicate.
• 10 Cinnamon Walnut Dulce de Leche Bars - A chewy, indulgent bar cookie with cinnamon and gooey caramel.
• 11 Earl Grey Tea Cookies - The perfect cookie for an afternoon tea party.
• 12 Super-Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies - Snickerdoodles that will stay soft and chewy for days.
• 13 Michel Richard's Extremely Chocolaty Chip Cookies - A chocolate delight from an inventive chef.
• 14 French Madeleines - A sweet French classic.
• 15 Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Cherries & Pecans - Not a traditional holiday cookie, perhaps, but so great for cookie exchanges.
OK, your turn! We asked you about your favorite holiday cookies once already today, but if you have a recipe to share, post it here too!
Related: In a Baking Mood? 8 Cookie Recipes for Fall
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits.)