Fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth homemade marshmallows are worlds away from store-bought, and as long as you have an electric mixer, they aren't terribly difficult to whip up. They are also a blank canvas for all kinds of interesting flavors, from delicate Lillet liqueur to zingy peppermint candy cane. If you're in need of a special homemade gift or just a new treat to top your mug of hot chocolate, here are 10 recipes to try.
RECIPES ON THE KITCHN
• Chocolate-Dipped Beer Marshmallows
• Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows
• Lillet Marshmallows
• Candied Sweet Potato Marshmallows
• How To Make Marshmallow Peeps at Home (Make them with holiday-themed cookie cutters!)
ELSEWHERE ON THE WEB
• Hibiscus Marshmallows at Not Without Salt
• Peppermint Candy Cane Marshmallows at Cannelle et Vanille
• Rose Water Marshmallows at Food & Wine
• Cinnamon Chocolate Marshmallows at Homesick Texan
• Moonshine Marshmallows at Food52
What's your favorite homemade marshmallow recipe?
Related: How To Make Marshmallows Without Using Corn Syrup?
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)