Fall blew in hard this weekend, with a flutter of leaves and a gale of snow, in some places. Halloween is here too, that spooky night of mystery and play — are you throwing a party? Perhaps you're not in full party form, but you want a little treat or snack to see you through the night of the Great Pumpkin. Well, we have 15 simple treats for you today, hand-picked for autumn. They range from the sweet — peanut butter popcorn, pumpkin Rice Krispie treats! — to the salty, like Ina Garten's masterful roasted nut mix with rosemary, and homemade cheese crackers.
Fall flavors abound — sharp cheddar, gooey peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and ginger. Welcome fall with open arms and a warm kitchen with one or more of these simple treats, from sweet to salty and chewy to crisp.
• Peanut Butter Popcorn
• Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
• Milk and Honey Peanut Butter Balls
• Maple-Butter Spiced Popcorn
• Pumpkin Spice Cookies
• Classic Southern Pralines
• Vidalia Onion Dip with Bacon Crumbles
• Spinach and Artichoke Dip
• Roasted Jalapeño & Lime Hummus
• Homemade Cheese Crackers
• Cheddar Olives
• Juno's Pregnant Dates (Bacon-Wrapped Dates)
ROASTED & TOASTED
• Roasted Edamame with Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper
• Ina Garten's Chipotle and Rosemary Spiced Nuts
• Baked, Spiced 'Corn Nuts'
Related: Chewy, Spicy, Crispy, Sweet: 15 Cookies for Fall
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)