Do you like a bite of something sweet after supper? All of us here at The Kitchn certainly do. But who needs brownies or a big slice of cake every night of the week? We love our indulgences, but on weeknights something lighter is called for. Here are 15 simple desserts — some of them very light indeed — that will end the meal on a sweet grace note, but not weigh you down.
There's a lightning-fast orange cake that happens to be vegan, and that magic one-ingredient banana ice cream. There's a glamorous little bowl of yogurt with figs, and a luscious mango dessert. There are oatmeal cookies with a touch of savory cheese, and extra-light angel food cupcakes! Read on for these and other intriguing weeknight sweets!
• 1 Sticky Orange Cake with Marmalade Glaze - A vegan cake that you can whip up extra-quickly!
• 2 Harvest Cake with Goat Cheese Frosting - A hearty cake stuffed with grated veggies and other delicious things.
• 3 Coconut Milk Bread Pudding - Avoiding dairy? This bread pudding is so good — and dairy-free too.
• 4 Yogurt With Caramelized Figs - Simple and light, fruit and yogurt.
• 5 Green Tea Shake - Milk, ice, matcha — easy and sweet.
• 6 Airy Angel Food Cupcakes with Naturally Pink Icing - Extra-light cupcakes, airy and sweet.
• 7 Blood Orange Crostatas - A simple tart, with oranges providing most of the sweetness.
• 8 Mango Dessert - Mango and cream — nothing could be simpler.
• 9 Pomegranate Yogurt Pops - Light and fresh yogurt pops.
• 10 Oranges With Lavender and Mint - Yes, oranges can be a dessert — especially when they are as pretty as this.
• 11 One Ingredient, Elegant, & Easy Sweet Wine Slushies - A simple and elegant frozen slushie.
• 12 Avocado Cacao Mousse - A simple, creamy, chocolate mousse.
• 13 Apple Gouda Oatmeal Cookies - Sweet weeknight cookies with a touch of the savory.
• 14 Thai Mango with Coconut Sticky Rice - A simple coconut and rice dessert with slices of mango — delicious yet not too sweet.
• 15 One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream - And last but not least, that famous banana ice cream — easy and light!
What's your favorite weeknight sweet?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)