I live in the Midwest, in the heart of sweet corn country. The fields are full of plump ears of sweet corn right now, and there are piles of golden tassels and green husks at the farmers markets every weekend. Earlier today we asked you about your favorite way to get all the silk off an ear of corn. Now we're turning to even more pressing matters: Eating lots and lots of that sweet, juicy, crisp summer corn. Here are 10 ways to enjoy it.
My own personal favorite way to eat corn right now is probably in a corn and tomato salad. What about you? Do you prefer it straight up, on the cob, and held fast by a couple of these little gadgets? Or do you prefer something fancier?
None of these recipes are terribly fancy, but they do show off that sweet corn flavor in some different ways. From roasted elote to fresh cornbread, and from scallops with corn salsa to a simple salad, these are some of our collective favorites.
10 Fresh Recipes for Sweet Corn
• 1 Elote (Roasted Sweet Corn)
• 2 Phoebe's Scallops with Tomatillo Guacamole & Corn Salsa
• 3 Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Corn, Goat Cheese, and Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
• 4 Mung Bean Salad With Corn and Basil
• 5 Potatoes, Green Beans, and Corn in Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
• 6 Herbed Sweet Corn and Tomato Salad
• 7 Grilled Cactus and Corn Salad
• 8 Vegan Corn Tamales
• 9 Tomato, Corn, and Basil Bean Burgers
• 10 Double Corn Bread with Smoked Mozzarella and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
What is your favorite way to eat sweet corn in the summertime?
Even More Sweet Corn:
• Sweet Corn Ice Cream
• Herbed Corn for Columbus Day
• Dorie Greenspan's Summer Corn Soup
• Sweet Corn and Milk Drink
• Food Science: When Sweet Corn Isn't Sweet
• 5 Ways to Liven Up Corn on the Cob
• Do You Have a Recipe for Cornbread with Real Corn?
• Help Me Recreate a Creamed Corn Polenta
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)