Seafood is a healthy and tasty addition to the weekly meal rotation, but finding the best choices for your family and the environment can be complicated and confusing. We're here to make it a little easier, with nine seafood options graded "Best Choice" by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch guide, along with recipes for preparing them.
Each seafood type below is linked to the Seafood Watch page that explains a little more about what makes it a Best Choice. This is just a few of their recommendations; check out the full guide for more choices, and to see what types of seafood should be avoided.
• 1 Arctic Char, Farmed → Seared Arctic Char with Broccolini, Olives and Garlic at Bon Appetit
• 2 Black Cod/Sablefish, Farmed or Wild-Caught → Nobu's Miso-Marinated Black Cod
• 3 Clams, Farmed → Clams with Chorizo, Citrus and Saffron Aioli at Tyler Florence
• 4 Cod, Atlantic (not trawl-caught) and Pacific → Baked Cod, Spinach and Tomatoes in Foil Packets
• 5 Dungeness Crab → Roasted Orange Garlic Crab
• 6 Shrimp, Alaskan-caught with traps → Saucy Sautéed Shrimp over Lemon Quinoa
• 7 Mussels, Farmed → Thai Red Curry Mussels
• 8 Rockfish → Baked Panko Rockfish with Gingery Cabbage
• 9 Tilapia → Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia
• See the full guide: Seafood Watch
Related: Looking for Sustainable Seafood? Check Your Local Big-Box Store
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)