When we do this review of the past year, we're always intrigued to see which posts got the most love and attention from our readers. Some are reliably predictable: Recipes, tours, and tutorials usually top the list. But then there's always an odd bunch of quirky, offbeat, and downright surprising posts that our readers loved. From that infamous garlic-peeling trick to vanilla milk and a cake pop gadget, here's a look at the top 10 unexpectedly popular posts of the year.
• 1 Cupcakes In a Jar! The Latest Cupcake Craze
• 2 Smart Tip: Peel an Entire Head of Garlic in 10 Seconds
• 3 10 Uses for Your Microwave That May Surprise You
• 4 A Gadget For Your Cake Pops: Babycakes Cake Pop Maker
• 5 The (Healthier) Breakfast Flowchart
• 6 Coffee Joulies: Keep Your Coffee or Tea Hot For Hours
• 7 Beers for All! 5 Beers for People Who Don't Like Beer
• 8 What the Heck is Philadelphia "Cooking Creme"?
• 9 Summer Treat: Vanilla Milk with Chocolate Ice Cubes
• 10 10 Things Not To Say at the Farmers Market
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2011 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)