Yesterday Joanna gave us some great tips on making a taco bar for a Super Bowl party. And for that, hey, chips and salsa would be a natural appetizer. But if you are looking for a crowd-pleasing dip that doesn't include Tostitos, here are some ideas...We know it's hard to pass up chips and salsa, largely because everyone loves them and almost expects them when sitting in a crowded living room in front of a big TV. But let us offer a few alternatives. All of these dips are easy to serve (no spreading on individual toast points, in other words) and travel well, in case you're bringing an appetizer to a friend's house.
Recipes from the Kitchn:
• Fava Bean Dip with Roasted Garlic and Yogurt (above, left)
• Butternut Squash and Parmesan Dip
• Eggplant Caponata Sandwiches (Skip the sandwich part and serve as a dip with pita chips.)
• Delicata Squash and Gruyere Dip
• DIY Baba Ghanoush
Get more recipes in this post: Easy Food Processor Dips
And the photo on the right is a Blue Cheese and Caramelized Shallot Dip from Bon Appétit that's part of a Super Bowl slideshow at Epicurious:
• See all the recipes: Complete Super Bowl Package, from Epicurious
If you're planning a Super Bowl party, what are you serving as an appetizer?
Related: Hot or Not: The Cheesy Football