In a day dominated by big bowls of chili and cheese-topped potato skins, let's not neglect the dessert table. And as the party guest who swoops in for a sweet fix at the first available opportunity, I have some thoughts on what that table should hold this year.
Bite-sized nibbles are always recommended so as to maximize the sampling opportunities. Something chocolate is a must (of course), but it's nice to see a nice variety of nutty, peanut-buttery, caramelly, and outright sugary choices. When in doubt, look for frosting.
• Mississippi Mud Brownies from Tasty Kitchen
• Red Velvet Cupcakes from Martha Stewart
• Momofuku's Compost Cookies from Amateur Gourmet
• Ale and Pretzel Soft Caramels from Sprinkle Bakes
• Fauxreos Homemade Oreos from Serious Eats
• S'mores Truffles from My Baking Addiction
• Bourbon Pecan Pralines from Andrea's Recipes
What sweet goodies are you bringing to your Super Bowl party?