No matter which day of the week I happen to roast a chicken, it always feels like a Sunday dinner to me. Pulling a burnished chicken from the oven feels like a step above my usual haphazard meals, and special in its very simplicity. Here are a few different takes on roast chicken that have caught my eye recently.
A chicken doesn't need much more than a rub of good olive oil and a sprinkle of salt to make it tasty. Sometimes I crave that those straightforward flavors more than anything else. Other times, I throw open my cupboards and begin rooting around for spices and sauces that will transform my Sunday chicken into something extra-tasty.
• Sichuan Pepper-Salt Roasted Chicken from Gourmet
• Thai Sticky Chicken from Eat Little Bird
• Honey and Cinnamon Moroccan Style Roast Chicken from Bon Appétit
• Yogurt-Marinated Roast Chicken from Fine Cooking
• Bourbon Brown Sugar Chicken from Sweet on You
• Mexican Tropical Chile Roast Chicken from Sunset
• Orange Lacquered Roast Chicken from Parsley, Sage, Desserts, and Line Drives
What is your favorite take on roast chicken?
Related: Small-Scale Entertaining: A Roast Chicken Dinner
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)