We love this time of year. The farmer’s markets are flush with fruits and vegetables. Long, lazy days mean lots of time to cook the produce we find and then linger over the leftovers while the stars come out. Vegetable tarts and gratins like this French Tomato Tart
are an easy and elegant way to enjoy the best flavors of the season. • Apple, Potato, and Onion Gratin from Bon Appetit
- Tart apple sounds so good layered with the sweet onions and buttery potatoes.
• Tomato, Zucchini, and Eggplant Bread Gratin from Food & Wine - These vegetables look good and taste good together.
• Cauliflower Gratin from Smitten Kitchen - Sometimes we forget what a versatile vegetable cauliflower can be!
• Chickpea, Tomato, and Eggplant Tart from Gourmet - The addition of nutty chickpeas in this tart makes this a meal by itself.
• Fennel, Feta, and Olive Tart from Real Simple - Lots of bright flavors in this tart.
• Savoy Cabbage Gratin from Orangette - Creamy cheese and a bunch of scallions are a great compliment to cabbage.
• Beet and Feta Tart from Epicurious - One can never have too many ways to enjoy beets.
What tarts and gratins have you been making recently?
Related: Non-Intimidating Dessert: Free Form Crostatas
(Images: Faith Durand and Mark Thomas/Bon Appetit)