The banana split is such a classic summer dessert. We have fond childhood memories of soft bananas cradling scoops of ice cream topped with mounds of whipped cream and fudge sauce. And a few maraschino cherries, of course. Well, here are five slightly different takes on the banana split that might just tempt us away from our old favorite!
We'll never completely let go of our love for the classic banana split, but right now we're in the mood for something with a little more pizazz! We've flagged these recipes to try soon:
• Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwiches from Taste of Home
• Banana Split Cocktail from DrinkSwap
• Banana Split Blondies from Omnomicon
• Banana Split Pie from Epicurious
• Grilled Banana Split with Hot Fudge and Rum Caramel Sauce from Martha Stewart (pictured above)
Do you have a favorite banana split variation? Or do you stay true to the classic sundae?
Related: DIY Magic Shell Ice Cream Sauce
(Image: Martha Stewart)