A cheesy, bubbling lasagna isn't exactly fare for a hot summer day, but there's no reason to take this comfort food off the menu completely! Just keep it light and fresh with a free-form version that doesn't require heating up the kitchen and everyone around.
By omitting the heavy sauce and melty cheese, a no-bake summertime lasagna is the perfect way to show off the season's fresh produce like tomatoes, basil, and squash. Layer ricotta cheese between the noodles and vegetables for a light creaminess, or keep it vegan. You can even leave out the noodles for a gluten-free, raw version. Summer lasagna may not be "authentic," but it's certainly delicious. Here are a few casual, colorful recipes to inspire:
• 1 Summertime Lasagne (Steamy Kitchen on TLC)
• 2 Lazy Summer Lasagna (fresh365)
• 3 Summer Lasagne (Good Taste)
• 4 No-Cook Vegetable "Lasagna" (Every Day with Rachael Ray)
• 5 Zucchini and Green Zebra Tomato Lasagna With Basil-Pistachio Pesto (Pure Food and Wine)
Related: Free-Form Lasagna with Edible Weeds