Salt Cellars aren't the latest and greatest things — they've actually been used by professional chefs for quite some time but have recently crossed over into mainstream use. Use them to store flavored gourmet salts or the course kosher salt you use daily. These cellars help to closely control and measure how much salt you use. After all, it's pretty hard to measure how much salt is coming from a salt grinder.
Here are 5 stylish and simple ways to store salt:
• Olive Wood Salt Keeper, $49.95 at Williams Sonoma
• Bamboo Salt Keeper, $12.95 at Crate and Barrel
• Emile Henry White Salt Pig, $39.95 at Sur la Table
• Charlotte Watson Black Salt Keeper, £22.50 at Henry Watson
• Salt Crock, $30.00 at Le Creuset
(Images: Williams Sonoma, Crate and Barrel, Sur la Table, Henry Watson, Le Creuset)