Any vegetable with a fairly sturdy shape an seeds in the middle can become an edible vessel for dinner: both sweet and hot peppers, 8-ball zucchini, eggplant, winter squash, onions, and even tomatoes. All we need to do is scoop out the seeds in the middle and fill the insides with a stuffing of our choice. A little time in the oven until everything is heated through, and dinner is ready.
Here are a few stuffed summer vegetable recipes for inspiration:
• Turkish Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers, Zucchini, and Tomatoes from Gourmet
• Ricotta Stuffed Tomatoes from Stitch and Boots
• Stuffed Jalapenos from Martha Stewart
• Stuffed Zuchinni with Mortadella and Parmesan from Bon Appétit
• Roasted Stuffed Onions from Epicurious
• Cous Cous and Feta Stuffed Peppers from Smitten Kitchen
• Papoutsakia Stuffed Eggplant from the Bitten Word
• Roasted Delicata Squash Stuffed with White Beans, Greens, and Sage from Eggs on Sunday
Do you have a favorite recipe for stuffed summer vegetables?
(Image: Stephanie Foley/Gourmet)