Sweet treats galore in our posts from this week a year ago! Plus tips on cooking (and eating) while in the middle of a move, pizza hints from Molly and Brandon of Delancey and Orangette, how to get rid of cockroaches in the kitchen, and a pink and yellow outdoor party. Plus a very odd pasta timer, tips for cooking in a mud hut, and pasta with peas.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Make great pizza at home: tips from Molly and Brandon of Delancey and Orangette.
• Summer entertaining: A pink and yellow birthday party outdoors.
• Five ways to keep your cutting board from slipping.
• Sweet treats: Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Trader Joe's Chocolate Covered Mini Peanut Butter Crackers, strawberry-yogurt popsicles, and herbed ice cream with mulberries. Plus, how to turn watermelon into a fullblown dessert.
• How to kick cockroaches out of the kitchen.
• A small yet efficient kitchen from House Beautiful.
• A dishtowel with a message we approve of and a Potato, red pepper, and feta frittata, and Pasta with Mint Pesto, Peas and Ricotta Salata.
• Chilled summer soups (not just gazpacho).
• Advice for a Peace Corp newbie: What can I cook in a mud hut?
• Seasonal goodies: Gooseberries from Vancouver Island, and a batch of 3-day apricot jam.
• Mini paella!
• 5 tips for cooking while moving.
• Entire archive for this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Strawberry Scones, Vegan Tamales, & 10 Ways to Eat Tuna