Plus how to do almost anything in the kitchen, strawberries with spicy chile, a guide to making your own kombucha, cocktails for brunch, a modestly-sized cake for two or three, the basics of pickling, and more! Read on for these posts from a year ago this week.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Strawberries are coming into season. Try Strawberries with Chimayó Chile and Bouchon strawberry paddies.
• Find public fruit.
• How to make a perfect ice cream sandwich.
• A light-filled eat-in kitchen and a roundup of grey kitchens. Plus a really, really tiny home and kitchen.
• How to do just about anything in the kitchen.
• Brew your own kombucha!
• Cocktails for brunch and rosé wine. Plus a hibiscus mimosa for Mother's Day.
• Chili-spiked sweet potato fries - yum.
• Good tips: Juice Key limes with a garlic press, and how to grill an artichoke. Also, the basics of pickling.
• Delicious things: Peach cookies, broccoli slaw, guacamole, and burnt onions.
• A modestly-sized lemon cake with walnuts and chocolate chunks.
• Full archive of posts from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Obama's Afternoon Snack and Things Every Kitchen Needs