- Get decorative. Shelves can hold pretty urns that in turn contain kitchen utensils and dish cloths.
- Under-shelf brackets like these from The Container Store let you store more than your shelves can hold. A great place for folded dish towels, as shown.
- These layered rods for hanging towels are actually installed inside of a cabinet pullout, but we think you could do similar on the inside of a cupboard door.
- Go restaurant supply style with flatware storage, on a pantry shelf.
- Shelving can be outfitted with basket storage, which is great for organizing everything from flatware to parchment paper and foil dispensers.
Related: High/Low: Kitchen Drawer Organization
(Images: Woman's Day, The Container Store, This Old House, Vollrath via webstaurantstore.com, Amazon)