• Strawberries, Sour Cream and Brown Sugar - If strawberry season has ended where you live, other seasonal fruits like peaches, blue berries, and pears are equally good!
• Ice Cold Watermelon - A light sprinkling of sugar, lemon zest, and fresh mint make watermelon even better.
• Beer Floats - Just grab your favorite chocolate stout and a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
• Eton Mess - Fresh fruit + whipped cream + meringue = yum
• Cantaloupe Granita - You can also make granitas with just about any other fruit you can find!
• Strawberry-Yogurt Popsicles - These are also good with any other fresh fruit
• Spiced Apple Cider Sorbet - We should start to see early-season apples at the markets in the next few weeks!
• Sour Cherry Almond Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks - This one has particular appeal to us right now, but check out our archive for tons more ice cream recipes!
• Poached Plums with Brown Sugar Syrup - This is an especially good dessert if you find yourself stuck with any under-ripe plums, peaches, or nectarines.
• Grilled Peaches with Bourbon Vanilla Whipped Cream - Grilling fruit on the stovetop or over an outdoor grill caramelizes the outside and adds a hint of smokiness.
• Crepes filled with Fresh Fruit - The fruit can be fresh or slightly .softened in butter before serving.
• Spicy Boozey Chocolate Mousse - We saved the best for last. Chocolate mousse is the ultimate in no-bake decadence!
Your turn! What are your favorite summer desserts?Roundup: Chilled Summer Soups Other Than Gazpacho