Here are eight salads that really express how good salads can be in the fall.
From The Kitchn:
• Cabbage Beet Coleslaw (pictured above) - I served this at my wedding! It has some serious color, and taste, too, with orange juice and caraway seeds.
• Roasted Squash and Arugula Salad with Pecans, Bacon, and Goat Cheese (pictured above) - A glorious mess of squash, greens, bacon, goat cheese — this salad has it all!
• Asian Pear, Fresh Date, and Pomegranate Salad - A different sort of fruit salad!
• Fennel, Beet, and Orange Salad - A beautiful salad; many colors, textures and tastes going on here.
From Around the Web:
• Fall Salad with Nuts and Pomegranates (pictured at top) - When I think of fall salads, I think of toasted nuts like pecans and walnuts.
• Squash and Chickpea Fritters with Winter Greens and Hazelnut Salad (pictured at top) - I love how these greens (again with the nuts!) show off against the squash fritters.
• Arugula and Pear Salad with Mascarpone and Toasted Walnuts - Tender greens like arugula perk up again in the fall; you should be able to find nice greens and lettuces at the farmers market until November. Enjoy them!
• Fall Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Stilton - A real classic.
What are your favorite fall salads?
Related: Recipe Roundup: Main Dish Salads
(Images: Photo: Shelly Strazis; Styling: Valerie Aikman-Smith for Sunset/MyRecipes; Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto for Sunset/MyRecipes; Faith Durand; Dana Velden)