The gorgeous birds above are from Eleni's in New York. They are truly amazing, and probably beyond all our capabilities! But here are ten more ideas that might spark your creativity in making pretty spring sweets.
• 1 Faberge inspired eggs and bunnies - By The Jewels of New York. We love these eggs from The Jewels of New York! Egg-shaped cookies just seem so much more accessible, and these are very inspiring.
• 2 French cornmeal cookies - By Cooking Books. We love these pretty little flowers, not too sweet, and a good use for that spritz cookie press gathering dust until Christmas.
• 3 Bunny sugar cut-outs - By Martha Stewart. These cookies don't even need decoration - just a bunny cookie cutter. Oh, and some pink ribbon. Oh Martha!
• 4 Easter egg cookies - By Hello Naomi. So bright and cheery with those red squiggles! And if you're in Australia, do check out Naomi's wonderful little bakery. We're big fans of her creations via Flickr.
• 5 Mini iced Easter cookies - By Williams-Sonoma. These are very inspiring, in their bright colors and colored sugar. They would be fun scattered in a box of that terribly retro fake plastic grass, or tucked into a pot of fresh wheatgrass.
• 6 Peter Rabbit, a lamb, and a glittering box of eggs - By A Couple of Squares (via Black Eiffel. We love the whimsical work of this Canadian bakery.
• 7 Bird's nest cookies - By Martha Stewart. This is an easy classic. Chocolate cookies + ganache + coconut + those delicious little malted Easter eggs.
• 8 April showers bees, tulips, ladybugs, and umbrellas - By Eleni's. This is a great assortment, and very professionally decorated. We don't think we could make cookies look quite as good as this, but we really like the idea of these different shapes. Great for a baby shower too.
• 9 Gluten-free sugar cookie flowers - By The Baking Beauties. It's great to see such pretty cookies in a gluten-free version.
• 10 Dragonfly toppers - By The Decorated Cookie. These are made with a very simple and easy technique from a surprising ingredient. Give them a try! (And check out the Chic Cookies kits while you're there!)
(Images: Eleni's; The Jewels of New York; Cooking Books; Martha Stewart; Hello Naomi; Williams-Sonoma; A Couple of Squares; Martha Stewart; Eleni's; The Baking Beauties; The Decorated Cookie)