Risotto might just be the perfect dish
for spring. It's rich and satisfying for the chilly nights, but not quite as heavy as a winter stew. Plus risottos are good for stretching a handful of early spring peas or a bunch of fresh ramps into a full meal! Here are some good ones we're looking forward to trying.For a refresher on how to make a basic risotto, check out our step-by-step tutorial
1. Lemony Risotto with Asparagus and Shrimp from Gourmet - We're definitely not tired of asparagus yet, and pairing it with shrimp sounds fantastic!
2. Ramp Risotto from New York Magazine - Ramps taste like a cross between onions and garlic and are amazing in creamy dishes like this.
3. Roman Risotto with Radishes from Epicurious - We've got radishes on the brain this week!
4. Asparagus and Morel Mushroom Risotto from Food & Wine - If you're lucky enough to lay your hands on (or find!) fresh morels, here's what to do with them.
5. Sweet Pea Risotto from Real Simple - This sounds like an adult version of the creamy peas and rice we had as kids!
What are your favorite risottos right now?
Related: Risotto Re-Imagined: Great Alternatives to Arborio Rice
(Image: Romulo Yanes/Gourmet)