Do you have peas yet where you live? We're heading to the farmer's market tomorrow and crossing our fingers that we'll find a few pints! Spring peas are just so good. Look, we already have some recipes picked out. Which one to try first?
Many of these recipes actually call for frozen peas, but you can - and should! - substitute fresh peas if you can get your hands on them. Fresh peas don't normally require extra cooking, but very large or starchy peas can be blanched or steamed if desired before being used in recipes.
1. Pea Salad with Radishes and Feta from Epicurious - Topped with a zesty lime-cumin vinaigrette, this sounds so good to us.
2. Smashed Peas with Mint Bruschetta from Real Simple - This might be intended as an appetizer, but we're pretty sure we could put away the whole batch ourselves!
3. Chilled Spring Pea Soup from Food & Wine - Bring on the chilled soups!
4. Plump Pea Dumplings from 101 Cookbooks - Now here's one we hadn't thought of before! This would also work as ravioli filling.
5. Leek, Bacon, and Pea Risotto from Martha Stewart - Creamy and deeply savory. We couldn't ask for anything more.
What are you doing with fresh peas right now?