Gourmet also has an article on its home page right now about eating spring spinach. And given the temperamental moods of the weather lately, we think spinach salad is a nice transition from cool weather into spring. It's fresh but hearty, and many of these recipes include some sort of cooked or caramelized element.
Why not try a spinach salad...
• The traditional way, with a warm bacon dressing, from Alton Brown.
• With a garlicky dressing, pine nuts, and raisins, from Melissa Clark, via the Kitchn.
• With a vermouth vinaigrette, from White on Rice Couple.
• Mixed with diced potatoes and topped with a fried egg, from Everyday Food.
• With mushrooms and cipollini onions, from New York.
• Covered in a warm feta dressing (above), from Bon Appétit.
• Paired with wilted red cabbage, from Gourmet.
How do you like your spinach salad?
(Image: Tina Rupp for Bon Appétit)