We like the idea of a plate of mini burgers this time of year. They hint at summer barbecues but are easily made inside in a frying pan, not on a grill. If you are a football fan, they make perfect tailgate food.
And we love the fact that each burger only needs a little dab of a topping. No need to pile on lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, and loads of ketchup. Tiny burgers need tiny toppings — just one or two things — to keep them a one-handed, quick meal. So you can make an interesting sauce, drop a spoonful of caramelized onions on top, or layer in a pickled beet. The ones pictured above have an arugula pesto on top.
Here are a few recipes from our archives and the web:
- Mini Lamb Burgers on Roasted Potato Rounds from the Kitchn
- Bombay Sliders with Garlic Curry Sauce from Epicurious
- Meatball Sliders from Epicurious
- Kobe Bleu Cheese Mini Burgers with Cipollini Onions in Balsamic Reduction from the Food Network
- Black Bean Vegan Mini Burgers from Just Hungry