There's nothing better than a belly full of spicy hot soup during the cold winter months. Not only do the soups warm your belly but they warm your hands as well while you're cradling the bowl. If you're looking for a little extra warmth — try adding a little spice!TOP ROW:
• 1. Chili Con Carne — Add extra chili powder or fresh peppers to give this chili a real kick!
• 2. Spicy Parsnip Soup — This soup sounds so delicious we wish we would have made it for dinner tonight!
• 3. Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage, and Rice Soup — A staple spicy soup that we make sure to whip up every winter.
• 4. Evan Kleiman's Lamb Vindaloo Soup — A twist on a different dish, this soup is sure to keep you warm and toasty.
• 5. Coconut Chicken Curry Soup — This soup will warm you up and cool you off, adjust the ingredients to cater to your spice to sweet preferences.
• 6. Rutabaga Chipotle Soup — We've been cooking with rutabaga's for years and this soup is one of our favorite ways to use them.
• 7. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew — Add as much spice as you want to this soup, it's good either way.
• 8. Chickpea and Chorizo Soup — This soup is great for meat lovers. The earthly spicy flavor from the chorizo really shines through.
• 9. Hot & Sour Soup - So Easy! — One of the easiest soups to make and also a staple in any kitchen.
• 10. Easy Turkey Chili with Kale — This certainly isn't the most traditional chili recipe and if you are looking for some heat, we recommend adding plenty of chilis!
Related: Chicken Dumpling to French Onion: 12 Classic Soups
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)