With all the spicy Latin recipes last week followed by all the egg recipes this week, is it any wonder that I've woken up every morning with an intense craving for huevos rancheros? I'm going to need a fix of sunny fried eggs smothered in chunky salsa pronto. Have a favorite version to recommend?
I have a habit of going over the top with otherwise simple dishes like this. At it's most basic, huevos rancheros are fried eggs served with soft corn tortillas and a generous portion of fresh salsa.
To this simple fare, I like to add things like cumin-spiced black beans, slices of creamy avocado, a sprinkling of cotija cheese (or melted monterey jack!), and in the summer, fresh corn straight from the cob. This is the kind of meal that will last you all the way to dinner!
Take a look at these recipes:
• Huevos Rancheros from The Food Network
• Huevos Rancheros with Red Cabbage from The Little Red House
• Skillet-Poached Huevos Rancheros from Real Simple
• Healthy Huevos Rancheros with Red Pepper Pico de Gallo from Le Fork
• Huevos Rancheros in Tortilla Cups from The Curvy Carrot
How do you like your huevos rancheros?
(Image: The Food Network)