Done right, dishes featuring lentils are rich with flavor and oh-so-satisfying to put in our bellies. They're the kind of dishes you want to linger over and scoop up every last bite. Here are nine recipes that are sounding really good to us right now!1. Jamie Oliver's Sausages and Green Lentils with Tomato Salsa - The fresh-tasting lentils balance out the richness of the sausages. (Image courtesy of Jamie Oliver Online)
2. Mini Rack of Lamb with Nutty Beluga Lentils and Sautéed Garlic Spinach - Everything from the roasted lamb to the garlicky spinach and lentils sounds good here.
3. Late Summer Lentil Salad - Not ready to let summer go? This salad gives us one last taste!
4. Very Simple Dal Palak - This thick lentil stew is chock full of warming, fragrant spices.
5. Herbed Lentils with Bacon - Lentils and bacon are a match made in heaven! We love the smoky sweet combination.
6. Pomegranate Lentil Soup - Pomegranate seeds provide a tart contrast to the hearty lentils in this soup!
7. Fridge Clearing Lentil Soup - This soup has a bit of everything...everything delicious, that is!
8. Smashed Lentils with Egg - A warm egg makes just about any dish better, and lentils are no exception! (Images: Flickr members Jules:StoneSoup and Seph Swain licensed under Creative Commons)
9. Beth's Lenticchie con Ditalini - Serve the lentils over pasta for an extra-hearty meal.
What are you favorite lentil recipes?
Related: Salad for Dinner: 7 Additions to Make It Filling