Granola is not difficult to pull off. In fact, in many ways it's hard to mess up. You've got your oats, nuts of preference, favorite sweetener. But over the past few weeks, we've been noticing some great savory granola on the horizon. And we like what we see (and taste).
Just take a quick stroll down the cereal aisle at your local grocery store, and you'll notice dozens and dozens of granolas to choose from &mdash from gluten-free, low-fat, and protein-packed. The list goes on and on. But the recipes below may give you reason to keep on walking and take a stab at one of the savory recipes that are exciting us these days.
• Provencal Granola - Saveur
• Sticky, Salty, Sweet Homemade Granola - Local Lemons
• Olive Oil Granola with Dried Apricot and Pistachios New York Times
• Savory Pumpkin and Curry Granola Bars - Olalliberry
• Emiril's Nutty Granola Bars - Epicurious
(Image: Megan Gordon)