• Smuttynose Maibock from Smuttynose Brewing Co. in Portsmouth, NH
• Dead Guy Ale from Rogue Brewing in Oregon
• Cabin Fever Honey Bock from New Glarus Brewing Co. in New Glarus, WI
• Big Thaw Bock from Old Dominion Brewing Company in Dover, DE
• St. Boisterous from Victory Brewing Company in Downington, PA
Don't let the light caramel color of maibocks fool you into thinking this is a light beer, in either flavor or in alcohol. These beers are chock full of complex floral and honey-like malt flavors tempered with herbal hop bitterness. And never fear, there's enough alcohol kick to keep you warm on chilly spring nights.
Had a good maibock lately?
Related: Quick and Dirty Guide to Lager Beers