Not sure how you feel about flower-flavored desserts made with lavender
? Let’s see if these recipes help you make up your mind.• Lavender Fleur de Sel Shortbread from Leite’s Culinaria
- Simple and sweet.
• Meyer Lemon Cake with Lavender Cream from Epicurious - We think combining the floral lavender with the sweet-tart flavor of meyer lemons is an excellent idea.
• Honey-Lavender Plum Gratin from Eating Well - Juicy ripe plums nestled in lavender-infused cream. Yum.
• Lavender Honey Tea Bread from Bon Appétit - Excellent for a fancy brunch.
• Apple Lavender Tarte Tatin from Saveur - A fun twist on the classic caramel-rich tarte tatin.
• Lavender Creme Brulee from Jamie Oliver - Lavender and cream are two ingredients that are just meant to be together.
• Apricot Lavender Brown Butter Tea Cakes from Tartelette - We’re really curious to see how these three flavors combine together.
• Lavender Whiskey Sour from Martha Stewart - Any whiskey sour is a good move in our opnion.
And a few extra recipes from the Kitchn:
• Honey Lavender Panna Cotta
• Fig and Lavender Goat Cheese Galettes
• Rhubarb Lavender Crumble
• Blueberry Lavender Buttercream Frosting
• Lavender Lemonade
Do you cook with lavender? What’s your favorite recipe?
Related: Hot or Not? Herbs with Chocolate
(Image: Joyce Oudkerk Pool via Leite’s Culinaria and John Kernick/Epicurious)