Our halfway cookies gave us a sudden craving for homemade marshmallows. Have you ever made tried making these? Soft, chewy homemade marshmallows are an entirely different creature than the store-bought variety. They're a treat all on their own!
One thing you absolutely need for making marshmallows is a mixer. A standing mixer with whisk attachment and a good motor is best, but it's possible to use a hand mixer. If you do use a hand mixer, pay attention to the motor and make sure it doesn't overheat.
• Toasted Coconut Marshmallows from Ina Garten/Food Network - A simple and tasty twist on the classic.
• Lemon Marshmallows from the Gothamist - Sweet and tart.
• Lillet Marshmallows from Gourmet - Spiked with citrusy lillet liqueur, this sounds like a real treat.
• Strawberry Marshmallows from Martha Stewart - Made with real strawberry jam!
• Cherry Marshmallows from Radishes and Rhubarb - These look so sweet cut out as cherry blossoms.
• Root Beer Marshmallows from Garrett's Table - Just awesome.
Have you made any fun-flavored marshmallows recently?
(Image: Food Network)