Is there anything more fun than s'mores? For me it brings back nostalgic childhood memories, the warmth of friendship around an open campfire. But there's no reason you can't enjoy them now, too! Try one of these eight takes on the classic and remind yourself why melted chocolate is oh-so-great.
No one is quite sure about the origin of the s'more (contraction for "some more"). Most articles seem to suggest that it may very well have come from Girl Scouts, as the first published recipe is from their handbook. S'mores are such a perfect combination of sweet, gooey crunch that it oftens serves as inspiration for other dessert creations.
8 Ways to Enjoy S'mores
- Look! Bacon S'Mores! - The Kitchn
- 7-Layer S'Mores Cake - The Kitchn
- Banana Boat S'Mores - The Kitchn
- Nutella and Banana: Dressed up S'Mores - The Kitchn
- S'Mores Pops - The Kitchn
- Peanut Butter S'Mores Turnover - The Recipe Girl
- S'Mores Cupcakes - Bakerella
- Make Your Own S'Mores...from Scratch! - The Kitchn