Smoked lemonade (!!!), an old family recipe for fudge, and great meal ideas for campouts were some of the things we were talking about a year ago this week. There was also a Nutella cake from Nigella Lawson, the top five ways to eat a fried egg, and an up-close look at urban beekeeping.
Posts pictured above are in bold below.
• Dana's father's fudge recipe.
• An enormous collection of vintage spice jars!
• Fruit for dessert: Poached whole plums in brown sugar syrup and rosewater panna cotta with blueberries.
• Yummy salads: Quick beets with chile and lemon and asparagus with Caesar dressing. Plus tomato salad with red onion, dill, and feta.
• Summer pudding and Victoria's deck vegetable patch.
• Nigella Lawson's Nutella cake.
• Quesadilla pie from Simply Recipes.
• Smoked lemons and lemonade! Plus smoky maple Harry and Taylor, of Brooklyn Kitchen.
• All about cheese melts.
• Easy, frugal foods for camping and the joys of trail mix.
• A very cool grill and a review of the Magic Bullet. Plus pure white Dutch ovens from Staub.
• The top 5 ways to eat a fried egg.
• The best garlic bread.
• See entire archive from this week a year ago.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Cold Summer Cocktails and Crazy Spaghetti Hot Dogs