Keeping the kitchen counters clear is a never-ending battle. Or at least that's the way it feels sometimes! Whether it's dishes that need to be put away, all the supplies for your morning cup of joe, or the spices and oils that you seem to use every night, there is a way to keep all of these things on your counter without it getting overwhelmed.
Here are seven smart solutions for keeping all the clutter contained — beautifully.
- Add a Shelf: Adding a skinny shelf to your counters can give you a lot of extra storage space without taking up too much room.
- Hanging Bins: Even though this is technically on the backsplash, we're going to consider it counter organizing since it's keeping essentials in reach, but off of our counter. We can also imagine using the IKEA Grundtal system for this idea.
- Utensil Jugs: A crock, vase, or jug is the most basic way to organize utensils on your counter. We love the way this set of three IKEA jugs provides a sense of coordination on the counter.
- Dish Cloth Basket: Why not keep dish cloths or towels close at hand where you need them? It's convenient and adds a bit of color to your sink area.
- Cooking Oil Tray: Corral your cooking oils, salt, and pepper on a tray by your stovetop. Not only will things stay organized, but it will limit you to just the things you need, and it makes it easy to move when you need more counter space.
- Glass Jars: You can use glass jars for more than just pantry staples like flour, sugar, and rice. If you have a coffee station, glass jars are perfect for keeping all your supplies.
- Vintage Dishes: Search your local thrift store and Etsy for vintage dishes so you can store the items you use to scour your dishes.